Most people think of Fremont, California, and they imagine warm and sunny weather, spending some much needed time at the beach or shopping in unique boutiques found throughout the city. It is very rare that as an outsider, you would think of California and picture ice rinks, many of which are year-round. That being said, there are more ice rinks in Fremont and surrounding areas than you can probably imagine.
As you would expect, you can see the San Jose Sharks practice here, but most of the time, Sharks Ice is open to the public. If you want to see the Sharks practice, you can pick up a schedule at the office or look them up online.
- Public Skating – You don’t need to have your own pair of skates to enjoy the ice, you can rent them here for only $4 with paid admission.
- Lessons – Sharks Ice offers both private and group skating lessons to adults and children.
- Youth Hockey – Not only is this rink home to the Santa Clara Blackhawks, there is a hockey school here, and plenty of teams to play with, in a league.
- Adult Hockey – Do you want something fun to do in your spare time that also burns a ton of calories? Join an adult hockey team. You will hardly feel as though you are working out.
- Figure Skating – From synchronized skating teams to freestyle to competitions, there is something for everyone here.
Founded in 1956, the Winter Lodge is the only permanent outdoor rink in the area. It is open from late in September through around the middle of April and you can even skate in the evening under the stars.
They do only offer open skating for certain hours on specific days, so you want to be sure that you check the schedule before you head out their way. The rest of the time they use the ice for lessons or parties. This is the perfect place to have a birthday party or a family reunion.
Dublin Iceland Ice Skating
Founded in 1982, this indoor rink is open year-round and offers plenty of public skating. Are you stuck in a workout rut? Why not skip the gym and enjoy the rink for a while? Skating offers a great leg work out, and there are always friendly people to interact with, making it seem like you are not exercising at all. They also offer hockey, skating lessons and even broomball.
Nazareth Ice Oasis
Public skating is the main attraction here, but there is hockey as well. The rink offers private and group skating lessons, and this includes adults too. You are never too old to learn how to skate.
Just a few miles out of Fremont, California, in Cupertino, you will find another nice rink called the Ice Center. There are hockey leagues to join for people of all ages, as well as broomball and skating lessons. If you have someone in your life with a birthday coming up, the Ice Center would love to plan your big event to ensure it is a memorable one.
Share and Enjoy
Posted In: Uncategorized
No comments yet.