Is it foolish to consider moving to a city solely for a restaurant? Well, if you have ever satisfied your taste buds at the Elephant Bar in Fremont, California, then you understand that this concept is not so farfetched. From the moment that you walk through the door, you are tempted by exotic drinks and globally inspired food, made from fresh ingredients, with a blend of wok and wood-fired cooking methods. What could possibly be better?
What is Fusion Food?
To say that the Elephant Bar offers fusion food is an understatement. What they do is pure art. As popular as fusion food has become in the culinary world, there are still many people that are not quite sure what it actually is.
Fusion cuisine is a combination of various culinary traditions. Plates cannot be placed into one specific category, an innovative concept that now dominates at contemporary restaurants. Simply placing elements from various cuisines side-by-side though does not count; the chef has to find a creative way to let the ingredients all play a role in one dish. This is something that the Elephant Bar does flawlessly, and that’s what makes it such a great fit in the Fremont area.
David Nancarrow was the mastermind behind the venue. He opened the first one in 1980 with his son Chris, with the intention of providing a unique yet comfortable place in Fremont, California to enjoy a casual and fun dining experience.
The décor is creative, made up of elephants, giraffes and even animal print on the walls. This is a place where you immediately feel welcome and relaxed.
Popular Menu Favorites
- Openers – This is not a restaurant where you can skip ordering an appetizer; for some, these are the main attraction. The Wok-Fired Chicken and Lettuce Wraps or Tempura Salmon Roll offer nice light starts while Rustica Baked Garlic Bread or Sweet Potato Fries satisfy your need for comfort food.
- Salads – There are side salads available, but their entrée salads are considered some of the best dishes. Quick Seared Ahi Tuna Salad and Wood-Fired Shrimp Salad are always recommended.
- Wok-Fired Specials – Without a doubt, a large percentage of patrons come strictly for the Wok-Fired Specials. There is even a tofu option!
- Sandwiches and Burgers – Do you prefer more classic dishes? The Elephant Bar will satisfy you too, with mouthwatering burgers and sandwiches.
- Desserts – It is nearly impossible to resist the desserts here! How can you turn down a tall piece of Ice Cream Mud Pie or a Hot Apple Blueberry Walnut Cobbler?
Hottest Place to Be for Happy Hour
This is definitely the place to be from 3 pm until 7 pm, Monday through Friday, and then 9 pm until close, seven days a week. The Happy Hour Menu offers supersized deals on some of the most popular picks on the menu, including their Niu, Niu Coconut Shrimp Skewers, Vietnam Shrimp Spring Rolls and Artichoke Dip. Of course, what would happy hour in Fremont, California, be without ice cold beverages? Drink specials are unbelievable! Where else can you get a Jose Quervo Margarita, Long Island Iced Tea or a tall draft beer for only $5?
Share and Enjoy
Posted In: Uncategorized
No comments yet.