If your dog is part of your family, you will not find a more canine-friendly city to visit or live than Fremont, California. Like other cities, there are plenty of apartments that allow pets, but Fremont takes being a stellar pet owner a step further with dog-friendly hotels, restaurants, beaches, parks and more. There is no reason to leave your four-legged friend at home!
Fremont Dog Park
Socialization is extremely important to dogs of any breed and at any age. Even if you have a large backyard, they still need to be with others of their kind. The Fremont Dog Park offers this opportunity. It does not matter what time of day you go, it is always pretty busy and owners are fairly good about cleaning up after their dog, for the most part.
The big dog area has AstroTurf while real grass can be found in the small dog section. There is plenty of shade, and water and waste bags are readily available.
- Archstone Fremont Center – These pricy apartments are located right in the heart of Fremont, California. In addition to being dog-friendly, you will find 9-ft ceilings, chef-inspired kitchens, hardwood flooring, a gorgeous pool and sensational views.
- Avalon Towers – There are a couple different locations of Avalon Towers just outside of Fremont. Although pet-friendly, only small dogs are permitted. You really would not want a large dog in a high-rise building downtown anyway! This is a controlled access community with concierge service.
There is quite an impressive list of dog-friendly hotels here.
- Best Western – Less than 20 pounds only, with an additional $15 charge per night.
- Comfort Inn Silicon Valley East – Pets permitted upon request.
- Extended Stay America – One pet permitted per room for a daily charge, not to exceed $150 for the entire stay. Some breed restrictions apply.
- La Quinto – Dogs up to 50 pound are permitted. Dog must be crated if housekeeping services are requested.
- Essanay Café – There is a lovely dog-friendly patio here. This is an extremely popular place to gather with friends and enjoy brunch on the weekends.
- So Frais Frozen Yogurt Café – Enjoy yogurt or ice-cream on their modern, dog-friendly patio.
Coyote Hills Regional Park
This is a gorgeous park comprised of 978 acres of hills and marshland. As long as your dog is on a 6-ft leash or shorter , they are more than welcome to accompany you throughout the park, camping and on the Alameda Creek Trail, which is over 12 miles of exercise potential. They are also permitted on the Bay View Trail, a nice 3.5-mile paved loop.
Groomers, Stores and More
- The Animal Nanny – Need your dog walked or let out while you are at work or out of town? The Animal Nanny can help!
- Titan Kingdom Daycare and Boarding – They offer daycare, grooming and boarding, which includes overnight supervision.
- TLC Petcare – Dog walking, dog sitting and dog excursions are provided.
- Stores – Want to take your dog in the pet store with you so he can pick out his own treat? Fremont, California, offers Petsmart, Pet Food Express and Family Pets.
Joseph Sabeh, Jr.
Share and Enjoy
Posted In: Uncategorized
No comments yet.